Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Response: mini portfolios

I suppose that I forgot about our mini portfolios, or I just tried to block it out because it stressed me out. I'm slightly even more stressed after looking over the samples that Jan brought to class yesterday, because it seems as though the possibilities for what you can do with your mini portfolio are endless. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to stick with something traditional, something that can be printed at the bookstore, granted that they have the time to do so before next Wednesday.

The next thing that I'm trying to decide is what to put on the cover. The cover is one of the most important parts, in my opinion - it's the first look that a hopeful future employer gets at you, almost like the first steps into the interview room or the introduction on a telephone interview. I'm toying with the idea of putting my colored pencil parrot on the cover, because people seem to really like that, even though I've only presented two of my art pieces, out of about 25. Maybe it could have a talking bubble with my name in it? It would also be an interesting way to incorporate that piece without having to put it in the actual portfolio, and it may serve as a nice talking piece. It is one of my favorite pieces. What would you all think of me putting that on the cover? If you haven't seen it, check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment