Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Critique: secret INVASION!!!

Tomorrow, I'll be presenting my final cover for the Secret Invasion/Invasive Species story that will be published next month. I'm very happy with how my cover turned out. Along the way, I taught myself some new effects in Photoshop and learned a little more about some of the tools, so I'm glad about that. But here ya go!


It's a little lighter in print, but I ended up with a dirt background, a large fishing net cast over the whole thing that intertwines with the Vox logo, some bright green font, and an edited photo of each of the species that are mentioned in the piece. I think that I really challenged myself with this piece, so I'm excited to see what y'all have to say!

1 comment:

  1. I love this new cover! If it gets picked, or if you decide to work on it more for your portfolio, I would say you sgould definitely try to cut out some of the net (though it might be easier to draw over it ... ) and have it in front of some of the text, so "INVASION" is coming in and out of the net. I see you already did that on the logo, which looks great. :} Great work!

    ReplyDelete