Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Critique: Spring Preview

To be honest, the thought of Spring Preview really terrified me until I got into the project. The idea of designing something without having images to go off of or being able to pull illegal Google images like we were able to do in Intermediate Design (obviously, only because they had no chance of being published) scared the heck out of me. Coming up with a theme was an entirely different area of fear, but I quickly got over both of these fears. First, I decided that I wanted to put a rainboot splashing in a puddle on the cover. This is as far as I got with that idea:


SO realistic, right? (Sarcasm intended.) When I realized that my design skills in Photoshop/Illustrator wouldn't allow me to create a rainboot, I quickly moved on. I decided just to keep the theme of rain going, and went to just a simple puddle created in Photoshop. Which brings me to my final cover:


I'm pretty happy overall with my project. I think that something I definitely need to work on both in this project and in our first project is my typography presentation. I'm having trouble finding the right font to go with the feel that I want for my stories, so I'm settling. I don't know if there is a good method for finding the perfect font, but I'm hoping that reading the typography books throughout the semester will help and I'm also HOPING that some of you have some great and insightful input for typography selections *insert comments here.*

No comments:

Post a Comment