Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Response to the Vox app

So, like Jan mentioned in class yesterday, Jordyn and I are taking on the first week of designing the Vox iPad issue. Safe to say, Jordyn and I both spent a great deal of time in the lab yesterday and have even more hours to put in today. However, this really is a great experience. I think that the issue is almost better than the print (1. For the simple fact that the background is actually WHITE where you want it to be.). We really are moving towards a completely digital age and it has been said that the larger percentage of people will be using mobile devices as their initial form of internet media by the year 2014. Quite frankly, I think it may very well happen before then. I remember when the iPad came out, I heard tons of people bashing it and saying it was useless. I also thought that it did exactly what the iPod touch did, just in larger form. Clearly, I was wrong about that and have succumbed to the trend and now I can't get enough of it. The things that you can do on the iPad are unlimited and it's quite exciting to see how far our industry has come in just the two years that the iPad has come into existence. I'd have to say my favorite thing that I have seen in the industry so far are the interactive covers. Esquire is a great place to look for these examples. If you didn't attend the iPad session that we had last year where David Granger came to speak, I suggest you grab your iPad and start searching Esquire issues. You'll be amazed at what happens right before your eyes.

1 comment:

  1. Yep. Way to take one for the team by going first on this. Hope the work you put in was worth it. Also, have you seen anything about a special paper that has digital content on it? They look sort of like newspapers, but function more like an ipad. They say that might be the next step, and like you said, if the ipad can do so much it is only a matter of time before things like digital newspapers are common. And probably sooner than we think!

    ReplyDelete