Wednesday, February 15, 2012

You can't miss Cooper Black...or can you?

"Admiring Cooper Black is like being the most popular kid in school and falling in love with the ugliest person in the class, writes Armin Vit in Eye 48." -Blog Eye Magazine


I'm sorry, but if that's not funny, then what is? The article (which can be found here) is so honest that it hurts. I just remember back to the days of AIM when Cooper Black was my go-to font for my profile, conversations...EVERYTHING. I couldn't get enough. Okay, well maybe I got too much? Anyway, the article discusses how although this font is ugly and disproportionate...we still love it, or hate to love it should I say.

It's used here...

And here...

And probably about 200 others places that we wouldn't expect such as doctors offices, restaurants, etc. (<-says Blog Eye) Personally, I'm glad that Cooper Black and I have broken off our steady relationship, and I don't see me trying to mend what we had any time soon. What about you? Are you still trapped in the love affair, or were you never pulled in to begin with?


(Photos from Blog Eye Magazine)

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could embed a photo ... but scroll down to #19: http://bit.ly/x9U5cp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahaha. That just made me laugh out loud in the photo computer lab...so thanks for that! Leave it up to you to find cats! :)

    ReplyDelete